Tuesday, January 20, 2009

NEW POST FINALLY- We Have a New President!!

first I will apologize up front about the delay in posting. I had trouble signing back into my blog to post, who knows why except maybe the web gurus. So, here I am back , happy and blogging

today is a momentous day !!! How can I describe how I feel- Obama's speech hit all the right notes for me, foreign policy and might does not make right ! Hooray for that and for what i hope is more attention to the needy of all countries. I know time will tell but here is a man who's beliefs are so much closer to mine and those of many of my friends. I have such hopes for him although it is not a job I would want, you have to be special to get to the presidency and to bring the support of millions of people with you . almost a religious experience .

Now on to the Florida stuff. It is cool here today, like long pants and sweater cool The wind is blowing and it is cloudy which adds to the long pants and sweater feel. As I had planned to spend the day watch the festivities in Washington , the weather is no problem.
We seem to have settled in. Actually Jim settled in early , he likes the warm weather and visiting with the RV 'men'. It has taken me a bit longer to get use to the schedule or lack of schedule. i have the dogs in a routine that works, I have had a haircut and pedicure, so things are looking up.
Jim and I have taken little road trips down to Punta Gorda and over to Bokelia. We have visited with our friends in Fort Myers and Pine Island. We have had a small Mystic party with friends who were down in Sarasota. There are quite a few people form Ledyard/Mystic scattered around this area and many of them have found their ways to our site.

Days go by rather quickly and yet you aren't doing much. We leave Thursday for Miami and a dog trial- that should be fun and interesting and the weather man promised warmer weather. tomorrow is going to be cold with lows in the 30's tonight so the heater will be going. Hey, it isn't 5 degrees with snow on the ground so I should just stop whining about it - right!

I am not sure I could go "full time" that would be living in the RV full time but it has just about everything you need except a fenced in yard so the dogs can play independent of the leash.

Promise to keep the blog up now that Google has allowed me back in

No comments: