Thursday, March 5, 2009

BINGO-is it time to head home


Here is a picture of Flee and Nemo at the beach, not sure how happy they are about the whole thing. Flee likes to stand in the water but we were able to get him to swim a bit, not his thing. Remember, the water at my ankles is at his chin. Nemo just comes along for the ride .
OK, maybe it is time to go home, I actuality went to bingo last night. Now for me bingo is as exciting as watching my hair dry. You have three numbers, if you are lucky , and people are already yelling bingo. However, I won $15 so I really shouldn't complain. And the night before I went to "card night" and played cards, but I like playing cards so that was OK. Like playing cards and sipping wine but at these gatherings they have lemonade and popcorn. I am becoming an 'camper' scary isn't it.
tomorrow we go to Palmetto about an hour north for an agility trial so I can regain my balance. Have done no training except a few weave poles here and there so never quite know what I will get from Deco. Deco spends his day hanging around with Jim -hopefully this hasn't completely spoiled him for " competition"
Again, I actually like this life. the past week was a bit quiet with alot of people leaving at the end of February and cold weather which slows down 'park-life' . Sort of like a beehive , active when it iswarm, sluggish when it is cold. Gave me time to do some cooking, chicken pot pie and even a lasagna in the freezer for another time. Beginning to get the hang of cooking in a small space with a small oven.
It is interesting as the days go by and you start to interact with a group, some neighbors some you meet walking dogs some just walk by and conversations start. It is all very casual as living in your RV is seriously "here today gone tomorrow". I haven't met anyone that I would want to continue a friendship with , that is not necessarily bad and in fact is sort of satisfying as everything stays pretty casual.
I should say that Jim knows half the park as he is very social. Lots of campers tell me we are the first people to say hello to them, but.... it works both ways you need to stick your hand out if you want social interaction, assumption is that if you aren't willing to do that you wish to be left alone.
You spend alot of time in 10 minute conversations. The women in a RV down from us is from Quebec ( as is 3/4 of the park) but she doesn't speak any English . She was playing the accordion the other day, very well I might add, and I went over and we nodded and I said my 2 words of passable french. Her husband speaks a bit of English and said that she is afraid to venture out with non French speakers . Many many french Canadians here and they stick together- never thought that might be because they were 'afraid' to interact with us non-french speakers. Interesting.
OK this has gone on long enough. We leave for dog trial tomorrow, will blog when I get back. next week we leave for Perry Georgia- more to come on that.
bye
Lindsay

No comments: