Thursday, March 12, 2009

moving on out


We are packing up and getting ready to head out to Georgia. We have reservations at a place called Eagle's Roost in Lake City Georgia, under the southern pines. On Sunday we will head to Perry Georgia for the FMCA, family motor coach assoc, international convention. Hmmmm, if nothing else it should be interesting. Wondering if I should sign up for the tour to 'Tara" I kid you not.
The picture shows Deco, obviously not stressed, as he supervises the packing up. I am actually a bit sad to leave, all sorts of people stopping by and giving us their phone numbers and e-mail addresses, not that I will ever use them but it is nice to know we will be missed. I will especially miss my good friends down here in Fort Myers and Pine Island as we have gotten together every week. I will also miss this great weather - 80's and sunny it is delightful.
I met an interesting lady at the Palmetto dog trial, I had spoken with her in Vero Beach as well. She runs the cutest Norwich terrier and a standard poodle. Se is actually camped fairly near me in a women's only campground. She retired as a professor of anthropology from the Univ of Michigan and also resides in Manhattan. She will be running at Granby and I look forward to seeing her. We have plans for training next year - if we both end up back down here. i do think we will be back as it is conveniently located for us and close to our friends and has that great dog area.
CRISIS today- couldn't find Flee's Frisbee . Now the Frisbee is about 1/3 of its former size but Flee looks for it as soon as we get to the dog play area. could not find it today and Flee was distraught . He ran in circles and kept trying to go back to the car- but the doggie god was with me and someone had found the Frisbee and put it in a bag hung on the fence. Poor flee probably would not have survived without it.
I will take pictures of "Eagles Roost" sounds nice. Should have plenty to write about. I really do like this living in a motor home, nice long walks at night with the temps in the 70's, life is good

No comments: