Friday, December 18, 2009

Savannah Georgia, or let it rain rain rain

Arrived in Skidaway Island State Park on Tuesday the 15th Great park with lots of trees, lots of space , great walking trails and a shower house with heat. This is probably the closest I have come to actual "camping" if you can use that term while in a 40 ' RV with washer and drier.
No one close by , no outside lights - which makes it a bit hairy when walking at night because of the flooding on the roads. Yes, we have had rain.
We have visited Tybee Island and went into Savannah yesterday , even ate at Paula Dean's compliments of Toby. Savannah is interesting but I think that Charleston is the prettier, or more elegant , city. I think Savannah can be real party time at times. I do love the way it is set up with 'quarters' and little parks in the center of a neighborhood so that you drive around them.
Today we had lots of rain and I stayed inside and read from my Kindle - love the Kindle- it did stop raining enough for me to get the dogs outside and walked, large puddles and all. Actually can you call water over your ankles a 'puddle'
Tomorrow should be dry a cooler and we are spending one more day here as it is easy for me with the dogs and lots of places to walk them. Sunday we start the journey to Marathon and then it is RV parks with people close together and I have to watch the mouthy dogs.
It does look like we left New England in time however, especially considering the snow covering all those mid Atlantic states that we have to drive through.
Yes, I do miss the snow at Christmas but not the cold.
will download pictures tomorrow and add to my blog - night all

No comments: