Wednesday, February 18, 2009

just another day

In my effort to be more consistent I am posting, even though there is not much new to report. the big thing in the 'park' is watching new rv's come in and try to park. Very scary that this is my new source of entertainment.
we ordered and have recieved some new sunscreens for the patio, they look good and make a difference as the sun gets pretty intense in the afternoon. Jim needs to put up a screen that we had made for the side window so that I won't need to keep the curtains pulled. Our tv in the front is not working, or should I say the direct tv is not working but it works in the bedroom. who knows why it is a problem with the satellite on the roof- kind of a bummer as i like watching the news out here.
We are making plans for when we leave here in March and are going to Perry GA and then Red Bay Al to have a few things done on the bus. Alabama is where they make Tiffen. Damn the last time I was in Alabama was my college picketing days and I was in Selma and it was very scary. As I look back it was a group of us very white college students experiencinb some real hatred from the police and people as we had a civil rights march- and now a black president. Thank god times have changed and maybe i was lucky to see the changes as the grandkids have no idea what things were like for blacks in the 60's never mind before then.

Made pulled pork and coleslaw and invited out RV neighbors over for dinner. They are all a bit strange- you can imagine what they think of me LOL but as Jim said
"If it is free it's for me " so they are all coming over. Now if I can remember their names, there are alot of Jims, Bills, the Joes here. Maybe everyone travels under an alias.

Tomorrow I hope to go to Sanibel, we have yet to hit a beach
TA TA
Lindsay-

1 comment:

Ann Miller said...

Lindsay, have to laugh about you wanting to watch the tv that's a few feet away!

Pulled pork and coleslaw sounds good to me! I'll be right over!

I think it is so wonderful that you marched down South...I wanted to do that, but wasn't old enough (not that I'm saying YOU ARE OLD!)...

I like the sound of traveling using an alias...you and Jim should come up with them for yourselves!

I see you as a Linda Lou and Jim could be Jim Bob...or maybe those need a little work.