Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday February 15th


I know, I am a lousy blogger. sorry for those few who are actually following this.

Since I last wrote we have been to Vero Beach for a dog trial- lots of fun and a great setting. These Florida sites are awesome as they are undercover with lots of crating space in the shade and great RV sites. Now if only my new England doggie friends were here it would be perfect . although , the Florida people are very friendly and ,as with agility people all over, you soon start chatting and cheering them on , compare runs, etc.


The weather here is lovely with temps in the 80's in the afternoon. It does cool off fairly quickly at night though.


what do I do all day ??? what keeps me so busy that I don't regularly blog ? Well , alot of nothing I guess. My days go like this

7 am-8:15 am , walk the dogs, two at a time

8:15-8:30 am feed dogs who are hysterical that I might actually forget a meal !!!

8:30- finally pour a cup of coffee, check computer, bowl of cereal, let Flee and Nemo out of crates, make bed, start a small wash, sweep all the dirt that dogs have brought in, vacuum

Between 8:30 and 10:30 I am usually doing'stuff' from paying bills on line to vacuuming the dirt out of the crates and yelling at Flee to leave the vacuum alone

One job is checking the refrig to see what I have forgotten. I tend to over buy with optimism that I am going to cook this or that , don't do it and then have to toss it out. Getting a bit better with that but my old ways die hard

Anytime from 11 am on Jim and I will go do errands or just take a ride to check something out- this is also sleep time for the dogs. We plan to be home by 3:30 if we do go out to once again walk the dogs

4:00- bring dogs to play area, Flee loves this part of the day as he gets to run after his dirty old frisbee. I bring Flee and Nemo and then Abbie and Deco- this occupies an hour.

5-5:30 feed dogs

6:00 feed us

7:00 walk dogs for the night- about 4 minutes.


Now what i haven't added is the numerous conversations that you have in passing with many people within the park. This can occupy all sorts of time with hi's here and there. It is amazing how little time I actually have for doing nothing. And, by 9 pm I am usually headed for bed .


What I do is pretty much the norm- except for the number of times I actually walk dogs. there is shuffleboard and card games and other thing which don't really interest me right now but people do keep busy. We have our friends in the area that we see weekly and then people in the park that we talk with and newcomers who are always looking to talk with you. Busy busy


Jim and I are looking into traveling alot more next year and next year will be Alaska for sure.


So friends and fellow bloggers, this is what we do all day.
once again I will promise to keep this more current- good night

2 comments:

Janet said...

Lindsay, you are doing fabulous with the posting. I am always amazed that I can keep so busy with so little truly accomplished. There is little more important than keeping the pups fed and exercised, when you are 'on the road'. Glad things are going relatively smoothly, and that you have gotten to emjoy a couple of trials. We'll keep reading. Janet and crew

Ann Miller said...

Don't listen to Janet...your posts are great...just need more of them! Love the pics...great digs your dogs have!

When you go to Alaska, can I tag along? I'll help with the doggies!