Sunday, February 1, 2009

superbowl sunday


True to my promise to try and keep this up to date, I am 'blogging' and watching the super bowl - editorial comment- The Boss rocks !
it has cooled off a bit from the high of 80 on Thursday, sweater weather today. Saturday the park had a Pioneer Valley Day and i decided that we should at least go up and see what it was all about. they had 50 cent beer and hot dogs and tacos in a bag- an interesting idea. in the afternoon we sat outside while people did a modified karaoke. Question ?? why do so many people think they can sing- unbelievable. It was fun and you get to meet people. I would say 75% of the park is Canadian and most of them from Quebec so little English is spoken.
I have a whole doggie subculture from the people I meet at the dog park of while walking the dogs. It is all very brief and insignificant contacts. The Canadians move in a group - a large group- but for most of us it is a wave and hello. surprisingly this works great for me as I keep busy doing whatever it is I do all day.
Met with friends today for lunch which meant going to the Moose club and having a burger and beer 9 gin and tonic for me) can't beat the prices but I am beginning to overdose on burgers and it is a good thing I walk so much as this is not exactly healthy eating.
I do miss my home friends, familiar places, and familiar schedule but not at the expense of trading this weather for winter and snow.
We head to Vero Beach for a dog trial this weekend. I am anxiously looking for a hairdresser as it is beginning to get desperate. These are the things that occupy my day
take care folks, and stay warm
Lindsay North Fort Myers superbowl sunday

2 comments:

Ann Miller said...

Lindsay! For some reason, I haven't been able to read any entries in your blog since the New Year's one! Today I find "all these" entries!

For someone as sociable as you, I can see how it would be difficult to be surrounded by people who's language you don't understand....and dogs!

Still, parts of it sound really appealing to me! Especially the warm weather part!

I am so sick of being cold. Today it should get up into the 40's again...I go out and stand on the deck when it gets above 35! I'm longing for the days when I can sit out there with my coffee and morning paper...having my breakfast in the sun!

Hope you have fun at the trial...be sure to tell us all about it!

Janet said...

Flee looks wuite comfortable in Jim's seat there. Glad to hear that things are going well, dogs campfires, and agility trials. sounds great.