Monday, July 23, 2012

The magic of Vermont

An actual  working phone booth outside of Floyd's country store in Randolph Center VT.  Great little ( really little) country store where we bought cheese from the big wheel of cheddar and had them slice cob bacon for BLT's to go with the tomato I had purchased at the farmer's market. We had a beautiful campsite where you could sit and look at the rolling mountains. Made me realize what a great state vermont is- this time of year at least.
We then went to Essex Junction to a RV rally where we had specific goals, purchase 3 LED lights for the hall and bedroom ( at $47 each , ouch) but they are warrentied forever .Had a company come out and give me estimates for replacing the carpet and new shades. All in all we got what we wanted out of the rally and there was doggie agility going on so I was REALLLLLLY happy.
Today we are in Pine Forest Campground which is true to its name. It is in Springfield VT which is a disappointment after the beauty and simplicity of Randolph and Bethel and the valleys and hills . Kind of an nold mill town but we are 15 minutes away from NH, and the state package stores ( leaving nothing to chance)
We head to Mooselake Maine the end of the week.
Yes, still loving the life although I have to wonder why hubby has to occupy the exact space where I am headed- likeESP. I go for the sink, he has to get coffee, I head for the bedroom he is in the hallway , hmmmm is this a test ??
Looking forward to Maine where we will be for most of August.
keep well all
Lindsay, Nemo, Abbie, Deco and hubby Jim

No comments: