Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday in ocala- chilly but then again everything is 'relative'

It was in the high 30's this am when I got up at 6:29- the usual waking time for the corgis. We have all the shades pulled inthe bus but at 6:29 sharp Nemo starts chirrping and i know I might just as well haul a** out of bed as it is not going to get any better. Walk Nemo and Flee and then back for Deco and Abbie, feed them and then back out with Flee and Nemo. Deco and Abbie have a longer walk in the am so they are pretty well set. this RV park has a fenced in dog run so i brought flee and Nemo do there for some frisbee play- flee loved it !!!
Beginning to relax, vacuumed the bus , showered and just puttered. Jim washed the outside of the bus . Then we took a ride to look at the horse farms down here- Unbelievable places.
cool today , jeans and sweatshirt back on. tomorrow down to fort Myers.
I am feeling more at ease and beginning to get into the "gentler" life style. I have cooked meals every night and think I have this silly oven figured out. told Jim not to expect turkey for Xmass, have to figure something out or maybe we can just drink champagne !! Now that is an idea.

Heard from my Uncle Bob last night- 92 years strong. He lives in Hawaii and is actually our only family relative that is still alive- we had small holidays. Maybe one reason I married my first husband who had a large, noisy Italian family and I loved the 'idea' of that as it was so different from what I was use to.
Regardless, Happy holidays to all who are out there , friend and family alike- all my love
Lindsay - feeling sentimental on Dec 22.

1 comment:

Ann Miller said...

Lindsay! Sounds like you have been "domesticated!" Glad to hear the doggies are on their usual schedule..even if it sucks for you..it's good for them.

Do you have a digital camera with you? Pictures of your adventures/relaxing would be great! Hint hint!

Don't complain about wearing jeans and a jacket...we're friggin' FREEZING up here! The wind makes it horrible! Even Lily doesn't want to go out and she's the "winter doggie."

Have fun!