Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday Dec 2 7th

I was told that I needed to update my blog- for someone who doesn't have much to do i keep busy.
First of all the weather- in the 80's it is warm and sunny , feels great to be in shorts and drive in the jeep with the windows open. I bring the dogs out in the afternoon and put them into ex-pens while I read for an hour or so. Keeps them quiet and I get some quiet time as well.
The RV park is an older one which basically means that the sites are a bit roomier then in a newer park where they plop you side by side. Mixture of people , that is true at most places. they have shuffle board- a biggie here with teams and tournaments, horse shoes, line dancing , etc etc.
I have dog walking . You figure each pair gets walked 4 times a day - that is 8 walks, who needs aerobics !!
Jim found a fenced in yard that apparently can be used for running the dogs. What a guy. We brought Flee and Nemo for some frisbee play. It is a bit far to walk but I can drive over and let the dogs run. Flee does not have an off button and it is getting worse since he discovered the SQUIRRELS ! He is a wild man and can't wait to go for a walk to check out each and every tree.

We had a scare with Deco who apparently hurt himself, I think he launched down the stairs and bruised himself . He was very sore and quiet on Xmass day and yesterday he would barely walk and cried if you got near him. We called a vet that was located fairly close and they said they would see us. We brought him in and left him for x-rays- can you imagine this is a place I know nothing about !!! However the dog -god must have been with us as the vet was very good in listening to me and explaining what she found, showing us x-rays etc. It does not appear to be his back or at least a disc but he is sore and sprained something. He is on pain meds and an anti-inflammatory and will go back Monday. As she cautioned me, discs don't always present themselves on x-rays- this I know.
He seems in less pain today and we are keeping him confined to the bedroom as I am afraid he will hurt himself on the steps. so after 4 days we have already met the vet and all the $$$$$ that entails.
Other then that we are exploring in the am and then I sit outside with the dogs in the afternoon.
Jim found this great fenced in area on the other side of the rv park where I can run Flee and Nemo and play frisbee. That was great and should have tired Flee out but nothing tires Flee out. Message to all- traveling with 4 dogs is alot of work and keeping them quiet is alot of work. But they are mine and we will make do even if it kills me.
Had some great strawberries that I bought at a roadside stand for supper. Monday we are going for some fresh fish - will head down to Pine Island where our friends live for fish.
We actually bought tickets to the New Year Eve celebration at the community center. Heck with enought champagne I can handle almost anything !!!!!
Pictures to come later. Keep me in mind blog-followers.
Lindsay and Jim on the road

1 comment:

Ann Miller said...

You know you have an interesting blog when people complain if you don't post entries!

Here's hoping Decco just sprained something and it isn't serious!

Keep us posted about that!

How about some pictures of your adventures???